Quick house sale Scotland
If you are looking to sell your house fast scotland, the following pointers are going to be very helpful:
It doesn’t matter whether you are selling your house privately, engaging a real estate agent to sell your house, or listing your house with an auction house. Setting a realistic asking price is the most important part when you are trying to achieve a quick property sale. Before taking your property to market, there are a few things you can do to get a balanced picture of how much your house is really worth in the current market:
- Do not simply rely on your agent’s valuation. Get at least three independent valuations and compare.
- Research similar properties for sale in your Scotland and compare the asking prices.
- Be realistic in your expectations. Check to sell what similar homes have recently sold for. What is the average “asking price” to “sale price” ratio?
Marketing your home is also extremely important since the first step in selling your property is to get potential buyers through the door. There are many advertising options available to house sellers; local newspapers, leaflets, “For-Sale” boards online property sites (Zoopla, S1homes, Rightmove are some examples), etc.
Here are some tips for marketing your house:
- Include as many good-quality photographs of your home as possible.
- Ensure that rooms neat and clutter-free for a more spacious feel.
- Place emphasis alternative selling points e.g. the type of neighbourhood, the property’s proximity to schools, shops, etc…
- Provide an honest and accurate written description like Property Auctions Scotland.
Preparing for the viewings:
Before a viewing by a potential buyer, or by an estate agent, it is important to prepare your home.
- The house should be clean and clutter free.
- Take care of any minor repairs, but do not overhaul the home as you may not be able to cover these expenses when you sell the house.
- Obtain your own home inspection survey to show to potential buyers.
Conducting a viewing:
- If you are selling your house privately, advertise the open house in advance.
- Mark the house so that it is easy to find e.g. post signs.
- Open the curtains to let in natural light.
- Have quick house sale information available i.e. house specifications and selling information, on pamphlets or flyers.
- Have any applicable paperwork readily available.
- Point out relevant selling points to potential buyers
- Serve refreshments if you can.
- Avoid using air freshener in case it causes people’s allergies to flare up.
- Ask for feedback at the end of a tour.
However, if you need the sale of your house to complete within days, the tips above are not really going to help. Within this timeframe you’re going to need a specialist cash property buyer. Soldfast Property Auctions specialises in quick sales and we are more than happy to provide you with free, no-obligation advice on your property.